As a women in business, I have learned that navigating your career towards success is something that comes with a multitude of experiences, failures, and wins. Not only is it important to build and grow through experiences every, it is also key to cultivate good habits for success.
As we’ve discussed in last week’s Spark Idea, success doesn’t just happen overnight. You don’t simple open the door and arrive at a successful career. It takes hard work, dedication, and careful strategy to get to where you are aiming to go. When working towards your business and life goals it is so critical to establish good, consistent habits that will help you get there.
Habits are amazing little things that if managed correctly, can change your life in so many positive ways. A good habit can become so etched into your daily routine, that you are consistently using it to work towards your goals, sometimes without even knowing it! Isn’t that just the best? In light of this, I have outlined the 4 of the top habits I implement every day.
1. Begin Each Day With a Plan
A well thought out plan gives you a strategy of how to most effectively take on your day. It not only allows you to gain focus on your most important tasks, but it also helps keep track of where you are putting your energy, and what successes you a reaping from the specific work you’ve done. Although plan sometimes change, having focus to begin with is key. Allow yourself just enough flexibility to counter any unexpected events in order to re-adjust and get focused for the rest of the day.
What I do:
- Schedule my to-do’s in my Trello board
- Write out my daily goals
- Fill in my weekly blog planner
2. Find Inspiration
I cannot stress how important inspiration is to your daily routine. There is so much negativity that creeps it’s way into our lives from time to time that it is so critical for us, especially as women, to actively search out positivity to equip ourselves in times when we’ve hit those lows. Inspiration can come in several forms, such as continuous learning, quotes, educational articles, or just something new to give you a creative boost. Keeping up to date with industry trends can fuel your ideas, while also teaching you about new consumer demands in the market. This is also a great way to generate new, fresh content to provided extra value to your clients.
What I do:
- Pay attention to and attend new courses available
- Read inspirational blogs from a wide variety of viewpoints
- Keep up to date with new and trending articles
- Keep a journal to write down my new article and blog ideas
3.Take Some Me-Time
This definitely refers to the nurturing aspect of your life. For those of you who have been following the blog, you will know I much I stress the importance of looking after yourself to improve your overall productivity and increase your joys in life. This allows you to be a much more well-rounded individual, and introduces you to a much larger scope of life. In order to be the best version of yourself it is important to relax and regenerate. This also helps to cultivate and inspire you creativity.
What I Do:
- Exercising, whether in a class, with a friend, or going for a mind-clearing jog
- Go for walks outside to enjoy nature
- Setting time aside to do some creative writing
- Catching up with friends and family to ‘fill my cup’
4. Read a Book or a Novel
Although reading books is not my first love, I have made a point of it this year to read more – a mixture of business, educational, and fiction books. It is so crucial to continue to educated yourself, and today there are many amazing books out there to help grow yourself and your business. This gives you a new perspective and allows you to continuously learn. Personally, I love to take on a new novel. I find that novels take you out of reality and switches your focus to relax and regenerate your mind. It allows your creative juices to flow as your imagination takes charge. Exposing yourself to new points of views and allowing your imagination to run free are great ways to fuel your success.
What I do:
- Try to read one book a month
- Read tons of educational articles
- Seek out new authors and trending topics
- Focus on topics that will allow me to grow personally, and in my business
I hope that you find these as helpful as I have in paving my career success.
Now I’d love to hear from YOU!
Call to Action:
- Did you find these habits useful? What other habits have you created to fuel your success?
- Know someone who can benefit from this article? Share in now on social media!
- Want more great advice and business tips? Sign up for my FREE weekly newsletter below!
As always, desire to inspire!
Featured image: Shutterstock